STAND NUMBER: 200
Kuwait Direct Investment Promotion Authority
Kuwait Direct Investment Promotion Authority (KDIPA) established in accordance with Law No. 116 of 2013 regarding the promotion of direct investment in the State of Kuwait, as a specialized public authority with financial and administrative independence. H.E. Minister of Commerce & Industry is the Chairman of its Board of Directors. KDIPA is one of the economic implementing arms of the country performing developmental, promotional, regulatory, and advocacy roles.
- Developmental role - by contributing to the national goal of economic diversification, job creation and quality training for nationals, and extending the positive spillover impact for the local economy.
- Promotional role - by attracting and encouraging value added and innovation based direct investment into Kuwait for the purpose of enhancing technology transfer and settlement.
- Regulatory role by receiving and approving applications for investment licensing and granting incentives in accordance with the transparent criteria set in the provisions of its establishing law, and in cooperation with relevant authorities. This entails providing aftercare services and facilitation as well as continued follow-up and monitoring throughout the life of the licensed projects, starting from when the business begins operations.
- Advocacy role by collaborating with various stakeholders to streamline business environment in Kuwait, in order to enhance the country`s competitiveness by identifying potential obstacles investors might face, and attempting to mitigate them, as well as disseminating available information and data in a transparent and timely manner.
Foreseeing Kuwait as an added value and innovation based investment hub.
Actively contributing to enhance Kuwait`s economic diversification towards fostering sustainability.
- Excellence in service delivery
- Receiving and handling the process of issuing investment licenses
- Responding to inquiries and providing available information, and clarifications to investors
- Presenting the incentives, exemptions and guarantees granted to investors
- Establishing economic zones in coordination with the concerned authorities
- Coordinating with all relevant authorities to facilitate the procedures for doing business in - Kuwait through the One Stop Shop
- Handling investors companies and addressing potential hurdles
- Fostering more engagement in value added investment opportunities
0096 522 054 050